Cinco de Mayo holds a special place in my family’s heart – It’s the day in 2005 we officially decided Paige was waiting for us in China and it was high time went to get her. So Cinco de Mayo always makes me smile.
Another thing that makes me smile are Holiday goodies and here is one I posted previously 4/26/11. Trust me, they are easy and delicious!
Mexican Chocolate Chili Cupcakes
1 pkg. Duncan Hines® Triple Chocolate® Decadent Cake Mix
2 tsps. ground cinnamon, separated
1/4 tsp. plus 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tub Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Classic Chocolate Frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cake mix as directed. You will have your cake batter in one bowl and filling in a second bowl.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the cake batter and mix well.
3. Spoon cake batter into prepared cupcake liners and pan. Fill cupcake tins no more than half full. Spoon 1 teaspoon of filling on top of the batter in the tins. Cover filling with a tablespoon of batter. Your tins should now be 2/3 full.
4. Bake cupcakes as directed and cool completely.
5. Prepare frosting by adding 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to each can of frosting that you use. Mix completely and frost cupcakes.
Hands-On Time: 25 mins.
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 mins.